E-Flite UMX F4F Wildcat BNF Basic (EFLU3650)
From Pearl Harbor through 1942 the F4F Wildcat was the only U.S. fighter in the Pacific capable of thwarting Japan's naval air forces. Although slower and less maneuverable than the vaunted Zero, its heavier armor, self-sealing fuel tanks and rugged airframe could often help a skilled pilot overcome this performance gap and live to fight another day. Edward "Butch" O'Hare was just such a pilot. He distinguished himself in a Wildcat by becoming the U.S. Navy's first fighter ace and earning the Congressional Medal of Honor. This ultra-micro recreation bears the markings of O'Hare's aircraft and is a tribute to him and all the other Wildcat pilots who faced the might of an empire and prevailed.
- AS3X Stabilization Technology
The AS3X technology built into the receiver works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. It does so using a combination of 3-axis sensing and exclusive flight control software tuned by expert RC pilots. Best of all, it feels completely natural. There is no delay in control response or limits on the model's agility. You will simply feel like you are flying a larger, expertly tuned model that goes right where you point it.
Unrivaled Scale Detail
The outline of the model is designed to look incredibly scale from any angle. The trim scheme and markings are that of the aircraft flown by Butch O'Hare during World War II. Other details include a clear canopy with pilot figure, cowl flaps, molded panel lines and more.
Realistic Removable Landing Gear and Steerable Tail Wheel
The main landing gear models the intricate design of the full-scale gear with incredible detail. A molded cover is included that makes it look like the landing gear is retracted when the main gear is removed. Even the steerable tailwheel is positioned to match the appearance of the full-scale version.
- 3000Kv 180-size brushless outrunner motor
- Stability and precision of AS3X technology
- Incredibly scale outline
- Clear canopy with pilot figure
- Cowl flap and panel-line details
- Trim scheme of aircraft flown by U.S. Navy ace, Butch O'Hare
- Performance linear servos
- Proportional 4-channel control
- Realistic, removable landing gear and steerable tail wheel
- Realistic-looking 3-blade propeller
- Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
- Flying Weight: 106 g (3.7 oz)
- Length: 394mm (15.5 in)
- Material: Foam
- Motor Size: 180 BL 3000kV
- Radio: 4+ Channel
- Wing Area: 73.0 sq In (4.7 sq Dm)
- Wingspan: 515mm (20.3 in)
- (1) UMX F4F Wildcat BNF Basic
- (1) User Manual