Multiplex Heron 2.4m RC Glider Kit
£157.50 inc Vat
Out of stock
Doing what it does best, Multiplex has tapped into its roots and produced a power assisted glider that flies as well as it looks. In fact, the Heron flies so beautifully that using it for thermal soaring can almost be considered cheating.
The Multiplex Heron is a high-performance electric glider with T-tail and high-efficiency four-flap wing. With its elegant wings and flowing fuselage lines it responds superbly to thermals. When fitted with the efficient Permax brushless motor and folding propeller the combination delivers plenty of propulsive power. Its docile flying characteristics and excellent performance in the air ensure that the Heron provides a maximum of flying pleasure, whether you’re a weekend pilot or an ‘old hand’, indeed as a Heron owner you will enjoy floating through the air for long periods, as well as lively aerobatics – all performed with elegance and precision. The extravagant four-flap wing with its extremely stiff CFRP / Aluminium tubular spar technology sets entirely new standards in the 2.40 metre span class. The flaps are a standard feature, making pin-point landings child’s play, improving the launch characteristics and giving the pilot a broad performance spectrum for high speed, aerobatics and thermalling.
Kit Heron (214276) Features:
- Four-flap wing for high performance in the air (camber-changing flaps) and accurate spot-landings (butterfly / crow).
- Broad performance spectrum: high-speed, aerobatics, thermalling.
- Innovative CFRP / aluminium tubular spar technology for strong, stiff wings.
- GRP M-Space techology for a rigid fuselage.
- Clear canopy with highly detailed cockpit.
- Detachable wings and tailplane for ease of transport.
- Wingspan: 2400 mm
- Overall length: 1100 mm
- All-up weight, glider: min. 1300 g
- All-up weight, electric glider: min. 1500 g
- Control channels: 5
- RC functions: Elevator, rudder, ailerons, flaps, throttle, Butterfly (crow) for short landing approaches!
- Building time: approx. 7 hr.
- Flight time: approx. 40 min. without thermal assistance